Soar

I took a leap tonight and submitted an application for the Soar! photography scholarship program. I can't believe I just submitted a video of myself talking about, um, myself. It was something that is really out of my comfort zone. I don't like my voice, how much I blink, and the nervous tangents I went on, but it's over now. I clicked that "send" button and now it's out of my hands.

I am one of a couple hundred applicants. I watched their videos and they inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and pull that same dream a little closer. 2010 is going to be the year I buy my first DSLR camera. Even if it's used, I'm getting one. I've been shopping, asking advice from professional photographers who are friends and some who are complete strangers. I follow photography blogs, read as many tips as I can, then keep on putting my pennies away. It's an expensive business (let alone, hobby) to break into.

I hope by the time my birthday rolls around in August (if I'm not awarded the scholarship package), I'll have my first DSLR camera. I wish it were sooner, but you can't rush that kind of investment. Monetarily or emotionally.

7 comments:

D said...

Awesome! Way to live your dreams! You definitely have a good eye for photos!

Robin said...

Good for you! Best of luck.

Anissa said...

I'm happy for you! Glad you were able to step out of that comfort zone. I will pray you get that scholarship!

RC - Rambling Along... said...

Wishing you lots of luck! (I don't know about this scholarship, but it sounds wonderful!)

K said...

Wonderful news, Gina! Way to believe in yourself! It's hard to put yourself out there. I hope you get that scholarship!

Yvonne said...

That is FANTASTIC. Way to go. Good luck with the scholarship application.

Preds Girl said...

Hey...what's the sitch? Did you hear anything?