Still not around, sorry

I have to apologize to Tori and Alice for not keeping up with their amazing blogs lately. I have been browsing, but not commenting. I hope that I can post as often as they both do some day soon.

It's been an interesting past week or so... we've had a sick house with ear infections, stuffiness and such.

In other sad news...

Heidi’s surgery didn’t turn out well. There is still cancer in her breast and she started chemo yesterday. Two treatments a day until Friday and then they’ll test and see if they got it all. It's so sad she has to go through this at all, but during her finals week for school is even worse. She is stressed and the treatments have already worn her out completely. Justin has Seirra this week and her friend took the whole week off work to take her to the appts and be with her. Another friend bought her a maid service for the week and a few friends from school got her a case of Ensure so she doesn’t starve herself since she’ll be so sick.

Heidi asked that I tell our parents last night. She didn't want them to freak out and waste money on plane tickets to come out here, so she omitted them from her list of people to tell she has cancer still. I talked to them and they handled it well, as I had premised the conversation on a "don't-make-any-rash-movements" disclaimer. Mom got a little teary, but she said she KNEW that Heidi would be just fine. They are praying, as are we, at our house.

8 comments:

Robin said...

That is just heartbreaking about Heidi, I hope things will go well and the treatments will work.

As for you I hope you are doing okay. You still seem to be down and I wish I could do something to cheer you up and bring you hope. Love you always.

Anonymous said...

Add my prayers as well...

Take care, Gina!

Katie said...

My prayers are with your family too. I hope Heidi's test results on Friday are good.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Gina...I am so sorry...I must have missed a post about this before..I had no idea...and to think I was just about to give you a hard time for checking out of the blogging world....I am going to bed right now, and I will pray hard for Heidi and you all. And, don't worry, I will never betray a blogging friend, even if you never comment again.

God bless you all. Hang in there and know that you are loved!

Tori :) said...

I'm so sorry Gina!! Heidi and your family are in my prayers.

(And don't worry about commenting on my blog!!!)

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry about your sister Heidi. I hope all her treatments went well. I wish there was something I could do to cheer you up!

Danell said...

Hi Gina,
Have they said what stage of cancer she is in? I'm so sorry to hear of her news and know the stress and fear that goas along with this. Your family will certainly be in our prayers as well. I'm just heartbroken for her and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
You are loved!!!

Terry said...

I am glad Heidi has friends and family to support and help her. I will be praying for her and your family.