Totally Distracted

I have been kicking myself (figuratively) for not blogging much lately. I have never had droughts like this. My sweet mother-in-law flew into Utah on Saturday so we've been busy since she got here. It's kinda felt like a party because she is here. And she is going to be here for 6 weeks!

I am really starting to envy folks that have their families living near them. I did before, but I really do now! It is soooo nice to have our mom doting on Liam and just being around to play with him... having her around to buffer any sour moods and just to chat with her. We were up until 2am last night chatting away! I knew what time it was, but I didn't want to walk away from great conversation. Being groggy this morning was SO worth it.

I read Suzanne's blog yesterday and realized she nominated Liam's blog for a thinking award. Thanks, Suzanne! So now I have some homework to nominate some other blogs that make me think. I am looking forward to doing that, but I am not sure when I will get to it. When does the award giving end? Is there a due date?

Speaking of Suzanne... I get to meet her this Saturday. Tori and I are meeting up with her! Yay for play dates and picnics and treats and fun friends!

Anyway, this is a random post. I will get back into blogging soon. Sorry I haven't been out commenting much.

9 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

So glad you have family to chat with for a while! I cannot imagine having our parents far away... Enjoy her!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Blogger meet-ups are the best! Hope your bloggy break is treating you well! And I know about having family close. It's what keeps us where we are now! I don't know what the future holds though!

Steph

Tori :) said...

I'm so jealous of people with family near. :( I used to live within a mile of my mom and dad. I miss that. And I'm jealous of your relationship with your MIL. Lucky!!

It's gonna be kinda cool and rainy on Saturday. Should we move the party to my house? I have so many kids, what's the difference?? Let me know what you think.

Anissa said...

I hope the 6 weeks you have with her are wonderful. And don't go by too fast. They just need to move back to Utah!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Hey girl...
it is real nice... and I don't blame you for not blogging much when you have family around...

I'm jealous that you're meeting another blogger...
because I would have figured that WE would have met by now!!!

Have so much fun...

Congrats on the nomination for Liam's blog..
you do a wonderful job!
Such a good mommy you are!

D said...

We are jealous of those with family near too. All visual effects companies need to move to Seattle!
I'm thankful for my extended family who act like close family here -otherwise I'd be going nuts!

Glad you are having an excellent visit and meeting with friends!

Michelle said...

Sounds like some very fun busy, that's the best kind of busy.

My family is close by and we love it!

Suzanne said...

How nice that your MIL is visiting for so long! I can't wait for tomorrow! :)

Angel Baby said...

Sigh... and we just told my parents and sister last night that we are planning to move to another state this summer. One of the most difficult decisions of my life- leaving family.

But what do we do? If we stay here we are so hopelessly unhappy and Annabelle deserves to have a happy mom! But if we leave, then I deprive her of regular contact with Grama and Grampa! I wish they would come with us...