So last night my goal was to clean my oven. The night before that, I cleaned my microwave oven.
So I dig out my trusty Scunci Steamer and get it plugged in and ready to use. (I feel real proud of myself at this point because I'm actually doing what I told myself to do the day before.) I hear the water boiling inside and the hose felt hot enough to start my cleaning. I go to push the button... and nothing! NOTHING!
I cool the thing down and dump out the water then take the hose apart to investigate. I find nothing abnormal except maybe a little hard water build up. I start the process over by measuring the water and plugging it back in again. I wait patiently and attempt the button again. Nothing. I was so mad!
I get on the internet to see if there is any advice to help me out with this obviously faulty product. There were reviews about it that said the product sucked butt, etc, but then I found one that said all the sudden their hose got clogged and it was no longer usable. They threw the Scunci Steamer away! Trashed it! That thing was $60 for me almost 3 years ago. It would make me ill to have to trash this previously trusty appliance.
I finally found some advice that said to soak the tubing and the water canister with vinegar overnight. I had better than vinegar on hand, I had CLR. So I got the CLR boiling in there and then dumped it out and gave it a go again with water. No luck.
Ian got involved (really involved) and he dissected the whole steamer. He found the button that releases the steam was jammed and we left that little pipe to soak in CLR overnight.
Tonight, the button still was not budging. Ian dug deeper. He somehow pulled the little pipe apart and put more CLR all over the tiny parts and cleaned off all the hard water. He reassembled my steamer AND IT WORKS!
I just got done cleaning my oven.
I didn't have to trash a GREAT appliance.
Ian is my hero.
That is all.