What is it about Weddings?

Today we went to a Tongan friend's wedding reception. We missed the 8am sealing this morning, but the reception proved to have a similar spirit (to what I would feel at an LDS wedding ceremony). I seriously started welling up when they introduced the new couple and they walked into the ballroom today! Then as each person in the wedding party gave their well-wishes, I had to stop myself from crying. Then, as the family members came out to the dance floor and danced their hearts out... it was just getting harder to control my emotions. It was just a wonderful place to be on a Saturday afternoon!

Maybe it was the fact that I had a dream about the bride a couple nights ago. A dream that had me worried about her all day yesterday. So when I saw her today, looking radiant, I was grateful she was happy and okay. So half the emotions were just that. The other half I think came from just basking in their joy. A new life for them...

I remember my wedding day so vividly when I go to other weddings. I love weddings! It truly is a sacred thing, marriage. So, feeling emotional because of their joy, because of my own joy and because of the sacred union that it is... it's understandable now why one would get emotional, right?

6 comments:

Flawed And Disorderly said...

Two of my most humiliating life moments were when I was blubbering to a bride about how beautiful she was and how happy I was for her! I now have a rule that I can not speak at weddings. :D

One of the blubberings was understandable...I was gushing over my best friend and her new hubby. She claims she doesn't even remember it, but they were both looking at me like I had lobsters coming out of my ears.

The second blubbering was over a cousin barely know. She still looks scared when she sees me. Hmmm...wonder why?

Anyway, thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment! Have a great day!

Tori :) said...

Weddings are awesome. I love how memories just come gushing back.

Anonymous said...

Totally understandable!! I am always the same way at weddings...they are just such a special & blessed event. =)

D said...

Totally! I love weddings! Especially Temple Sealings- they are just a little piece of heaven- all those family and friends gathered together to celebrate love. :)

Stephieface said...

Weddings are one of my favoritest things ever. My cousin married a Greek orthodox greek (not a typo- he is actually from greece!) the ceremony and reception were probably the most fun I have ever had.

Suzanne said...

I love weddings too! I was just telling my hubby the other day that life has gotten too boring and someone I know needs to get married or have a baby. There is just so much love and excitement that surrounds a wedding.

I'm like you. I think of my own wedding at other weddings and it brings back such wonderful memories.

How fun for your friend! :)