Status

Hey friends! I wanted to let you know, if you didn't already know... I was not one of the recipients of the SOAR! scholarship... and I am not sad about it whatsoever. After watching the video entries of so many other deserving women, I knew it wouldn't be me. The three women selected will be teaching me much as they start on their journey and go to the next level of photography. It is already exciting to see their beginning steps.

Applying for that scholarship was just a stepping stone for me to make my photography dream a reality. Since then I have been focused on what I really want and how I am going to make it all happen.

By this Friday I should have my first digital SLR camera. By this time next month at least three photography and/or photography software books will be read. By this time next year, I want to have a side business off the ground.

I am so grateful to many friends to made contributions to the camera purchase. I have been so very humbled and overwhelmed with encouragement. I can't wait to "pay it forward" as one friend has told me to do.

2 comments:

Klin said...

Yay for you getting to do what you love. It's a good feeling.

Yvonne said...

You will be great. I'm very proud of you.