Girl's Night Out

Friday night I got to go out with some girlfriends. Dame Eyola, Emily and Lindsay and I had such a fun evening together! We met at Applebee's, chatted while we waited for about 45 minutes and were finally seated. We lucked out with a great waiter who happened to be gay and very entertaining! We were all impressed with him and tried to devise a plan to make him our friend (you know, for fashion advice, no-nonsense sass, etc.). Sadly we all got caught up in our conversations, no plan was ever executed. He let us know his hours though... and that he worked at IHOP Saturdays and Sundays when he gave us our check. ;)

The dinner conversation was good, random and funny as usual. After dinner we went back to Emily and Lindsay's apartment to watch Ellen Degeneres - Here and Now. They had to talk me into the late night out (past dinner), but I called Ian and all was well at home. Liam went to bed at 7:30 so I was home free to stay out longer than just dinner. I was glad I didn't go home so soon.

That stand-up routine was so funny that I was screaming with laughter! I had to look away during the racoon washing bit it was so over-the-top hilarious! Ellen has a unique talent. Just her mannerisms. Who else can simply say, "We aren't bears!!!" or "'Mama keeps whites bright like the sunlight, Mama's got the magic of Clorox 2.'" and hoards of people will laugh hysterically?! Even that credit card commercial she did awhile back... you know, the dancing in the elevator, etc?! Just classic Ellen magic!

I decided today that I am going to start recording her talk show every day. Good laughs are such a good medicine. I might as well have some on hand.

Anyway, on my drive home that night, I felt so calm. It was a long needed evening off! I was feeling so grateful for good friends. I love being random, laughing at stupid small stuff and feeling no shame for being ME. I am very blessed to have a few good eggs still left in the valley that will accept my much anticipated invitation for a girl's night out!

No comments: